Click below for .PDF
15 years experience within large organizations and digital marketing teams providing user experience and usability for web, mobile, and enterprise projects. Banking, insurance, energy, and IT industry experience. People manager and team leader as demonstrated by successful management of in-house, contract and off shore resources.
1999 University of Saskatchewan – B.Sc. Computer Science
Star Award, Individual Gold – 2013, RCT Program, Royal Bank of Canada
Star Award, Individual Gold – 2012, RCT Program, Royal Bank of Canada
Spirit Award – Team Silver – 2012, RCT Program, Royal Bank of Canada
2011 — Being Direct, Individual, Keeping it Simple, Individual – Direct Energy
MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook), Balsamiq, iRise prototyping software, Microsoft Office SharePoint Services (Contribute/Content Author), MS Project, HP Quality Center, Adobe Photoshop, Basic HTML/CSS
February 2012 Big 5 Bank
to May 2014 Toronto, Ontario
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
RBC Retail Credit Transformation program involved adapting internal mortgage application systems to a high level of usability that can later be rolled out through all internal systems. Worked with business analysts and IT teams to analyse business requirements and create effective designs to ensure a high quality user experience in support of program business objectives.
- Created user interface specifications (wireframes, process flows) based on business requirements by applying user-centered design principles and program UI standards.
- Provided guidance for other members of the user experience team.
- Built consensus and gained approvals on wireframes and End User Interface Documentation (EUID) via design review sessions with project and IT teams.
- Worked with QA team to confirm compliance with user interface specifications, managed related defects through to closure.
- Created and managed EUID addendums in compliance with program change request process.
- Supported language translation services and train the trainer session planning.
May 2008 Energy Giant
to December 2011 Toronto, Ontario
USABILITY BUSINESS ANALYST
Responsible for increasing performance of digital properties and initiatives through effective usability recommendations. Collaborated with digital team and business stakeholders on online and mobile marketing initiatives, new energy market entries and contract enrolment journey improvements. Usability lead for energy contract enrolment journey redesign for multiple North American markets to drive improved conversion rates.