Click below for .PDFs
BIG DATA DEVELOPER
For Further Assistance please contact James today.
PROFILE Hadoop Developer
2 years of experience in Big Data processing using Apache Hadoop
5 years of experience in development, data architecture and system design.
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Big Data Technologies: Apache Hadoop, Map-Reduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Hbase and Sqoop
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11.2.1, MS SQL 2000/2005/2008, MS Access.
Tools: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel.
App/Web Servers: Tomcat 3.3/5.0/6.0 and JBoss. 4.0
Operating Systems: UNIX (Solaris, Linux), Windows NT/2000/XP/2003
Development tools: Eclipse, Visual Studio, MYSQL Workbench, SQL+
Architecture Tools: Microsoft Visio 2002/2003, Rational Rose 2000
April 2013 Quasi Governement
to Present Ottawa, Ontario
Data is being produced at a rate too large for relational databases. Lead developer in the transformation of data from relational DB to Hadoop.
• Developing parser and loader map reduce application to retrieve data from HDFS and store to HBase and Hive.
• Importing the data from the MySQL into the HDFS using Sqoop.
• Importing the unstructured data into the HDFS using Flume.
• Used Oozie to orchestrate the map reduce jobs that extract the data on a timely manner.
• Written Map Reduce java programs to analyze the log data for large-scale data sets.
• Involved in using HBase Java API on Java application.
• Automated all the jobs for extracting the data from different Data Sources like MySQL to pushing the result set data to Hadoop Distributed File System.
• Customize parser loader application of Data migration to HBase.
• Developed Pig Latin scripts to extract the data from the output files to load into HDFS.
• Developed custom UDFS and implemented Pig scripts.
• Implemented MapReduce jobs using Java API and PIG Latin as well HIVEQL
• Participated in the setup and deployment of Hadoop cluster
• Hands on design and development of an application using Hive (UDF).
• Responsible for writing Hive Queries for analyzing data in Hive warehouse using Hive Query Language (HQL).
• Provide support data analysts in running Pig and Hive queries.
• Involved in HiveQL.
• Involved in Pig Latin.
• Importing and exporting Data from MySQL/Oracle to HiveQL Using SQOOP.
• Importing and exporting Data from MySQL/Oracle to HDFS.
• Configured HA cluster for both Manual failover and Automatic failover.
• Designed and built many applications to deal with vast amounts of data flowing through multiple Hadoop clusters, using Pig Latin and Java-based map-reduce.
• Specifying the cluster size, allocating Resource pool, Distribution of Hadoop by writing the specification texts in JSON File format.
• Creates a SOLR schema from the Indexer settings
• Implemented SOLR index cron jobs.
• Experience in writing SOLR queries for various search documents
• Responsible for defining the data flow within Hadoop eco system and direct the team in implement them.
• Exported the result set from Hive to MySQL using Shell scripts.
• Developed HIVE queries for the analysts.
Environment: Apache Hadoop, Hive, Hue Tool, Zookeeper, Map Reduce, Sqoop, crunch API, Pig 0.10 and 0.11, HCatalog, Unix, Java, JSP, Eclipse, Maven, SQL, HTML, XML, Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL
November 2008 Major Consulting Firm
to March 2013 Toronto, Ontario
BIG DATA DEVELOPER (January 2012 to March 2013)
• Handled importing of data from various data sources, performed transformations using Hive, PIG, and loaded data into HDFS.
• Experience in Importing and exporting data into HDFS and Hive using Sqoop.
• Load and transform large sets of structured, semi structured and unstructured data.
• Responsible for managing data coming from different sources.
• Gained good experience with NOSQL database.
• Involved in creating Hive tables, loading with data and writing hive queries, which will run internally in map, reduce way.
• Involved in creating tables, partitioning, bucketing of table.
• Good understanding and related experience with Hadoop stack-internals, Hive, Pig and Map/Reduce.
Environment: Core Java, MS Excel 2007, Oracle, Apache Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Map-reduce, Sqoop, JAVA/J2EE, WINDOWS.
J2EE/JAVA DEVELOPER (February 2011 to December 2011)
• Involved in the designing of the project using UML.
• Followed J2EE Specifications in the project.
• Designed the user interface pages in JSP.
• Used XML and XSL for mapping the fields in database.
• Created stored procedures and triggers that are required for project.
• Created functions and views in Oracle.
• Enhanced the performance of the whole application using the stored procedures and prepared statements.
• Responsible for updating database tables and designing SQL queries using PL/SQL.
• Created bean classes for communicating with database.
• Involved in documentation of the module and project.
• Prepared test cases and test scenarios as per business requirements.
• Involved in bug fixing.
• Prepared coded applications for unit testing using JUnit.
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIST
For Further Assistance please contact James today.
PROFILE Digital Marketing subject matter expert
11 years of international marketing experience
Superior skillset with customer segmentation, acquisition and client retention.
2008 M.B.A – Imperial College Business School – London, UK – Marketing and Finance
2002 BBA – Imperial College Business School – London, UK
Honored with Scholarship award for outstanding academic performance
Analytics: SEO, SEM, Omniture, Google Analytics, Site Catalyst
Front End: CSS, HTML
September 2010 Self Employed
Big 5 Bank
DIGITAL MARKETING LEAD AND EBUSINESS STRATEGY MANAGER (April 2013 to August 2014)
Reported to the Director of eBusiness Strategy, developed marketing strategies and tactics to maximize overall marketing achievements in support of their objectives and business results; linking customer data to develop and execute marketing plans for their investment product line in Canada; aiming to increase client retention and improve customer experience.
• Developed and executed integrated eMarketing campaigns, using a mix of marketing channels and tactics (ie: direct marketing, banner ads, video, media)
• Strategized the design and implementation of marketing, product and regulatory initiatives including eStatement, Mobile app, Tablet, CASL, Refer a friend campaign, which resulted in increasing the client retention by up to 45% in one year
• Analyzed customer data, created segmentation model and defined the target audience to develop targeted client campaigns, measured and monitored the cost efficiency of campaign activities against KPIs; managed cost/ benefit analysis, improved solution messaging, program conversion rates, and contributed to sales pipeline by up to 65% over a year on both investment banking online platforms
• Provided governance of brand standards, quality control and compliance with policies for all online channels, educated clients on the value of digital marketing and contact management vehicles and best practices
Major Insurance Company
STRATEGIC DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER, Credit Card (November 2012 to April 2013)
• Reported to the head of marketing & operation, managed the day to day operation, customer experience and ongoing development to increase customer acquisition ; worked with major banks to deliver credit card profitability , conducted consumer credit research and analytics to analyze the market opportunity, provided insights on product and cardholder behavior trends and developments
• Developed and implemented eMarketing campaigns in partnership with TD bank and CAA to expand the value proposition and product functionality, worked with other regions to leverage and develop credit product solutions for the Canadian market
• Identified new market opportunities and develop new products, services and capabilities that support growth of TD market segment
• Analyzed, measured and monitored cost efficiency of campaign activities against KPIs; defined the campaign metrics created the reports and managed cost/ benefit analysis for major projects.
Health Benefits Company
STRATEGIC DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (October 2011 to October 2012)
At a Toronto-based health Benefits Company focused on the delivery and administration of employee health benefit
• Reported to the VP of marketing and operation, developed and executed strategic marketing plan to support the ongoing development of the Group benefits; developed and optimized the campaigns strategy across online and offline platforms
• Conducted competitive analysis, measured the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns; identified key target audiences, key messages and value propositions; recommended the most effective channel to support the marketing campaigns across direct mail, email, webinar, event and social media
• Monitored and measured campaigns results, developed and created reports and identified and recommended the most effective communications channels to executive management team
• Developed marketing campaigns on CRM using email campaign for special client target segment, worked with business development team on Retention/Renewal initiatives, resulted in increasing sales by 30% in one year
Major Insurance Company
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIST, Strategic Planning (September 2010 to September 2011)
Multinational company and one of the world’s leading reinsurers
• Reported directly to the CEO, led the budget of 900k to create the annual nationwide integrated marketing plan and campaigns across online and offline platforms; built campaigns roadmaps, liaised with global and local management team, aimed at entrenching new customers, improved direct mail mailings by 55%
• Developed partnership model with broker channels, championed the launch of several new acquisition channels from inception to execution to drive profitable acquisition for DAS Canada, and orchestrated end-to-end delivery of online ( email, ad banner, web, social media campaign) combined with traditional media (direct mail, Radio, event) which led to increase the conversation rates by 55% in one year
• Developed segmentation model and defined the primary and secondary target groups, developed, measured and monitored the cost efficiency of campaign activities against KPIs; conducted post campaign analysis to maximize the ROI on marketing investment and ensure alignment to regional/national priorities
15 years experience within large organizations and digital marketing teams providing user experience and usability for web, mobile, and enterprise projects. Banking, insurance, energy, and IT industry experience. People manager and team leader as demonstrated by successful management of in-house, contract and off shore resources.
1999 University of Saskatchewan – B.Sc. Computer Science
Star Award, Individual Gold – 2013, RCT Program, Royal Bank of Canada
Star Award, Individual Gold – 2012, RCT Program, Royal Bank of Canada
Spirit Award – Team Silver – 2012, RCT Program, Royal Bank of Canada
2011 — Being Direct, Individual, Keeping it Simple, Individual – Direct Energy
MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook), Balsamiq, iRise prototyping software, Microsoft Office SharePoint Services (Contribute/Content Author), MS Project, HP Quality Center, Adobe Photoshop, Basic HTML/CSS
February 2012 Big 5 Bank
to May 2014 Toronto, Ontario
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
RBC Retail Credit Transformation program involved adapting internal mortgage application systems to a high level of usability that can later be rolled out through all internal systems. Worked with business analysts and IT teams to analyse business requirements and create effective designs to ensure a high quality user experience in support of program business objectives.
May 2008 Energy Giant
to December 2011 Toronto, Ontario
USABILITY BUSINESS ANALYST
Responsible for increasing performance of digital properties and initiatives through effective usability recommendations. Collaborated with digital team and business stakeholders on online and mobile marketing initiatives, new energy market entries and contract enrolment journey improvements. Usability lead for energy contract enrolment journey redesign for multiple North American markets to drive improved conversion rates.
Senior Consumer Behaviour Analyst with extensive experience designing customer behaviour predictive solutions to inform strategic business decisions. Managed a data science team and communicates directly with clients. Expert in innovating analytic product methodologies and creating process efficiencies in: Data quality control, analytics and reporting. Additional demonstrated strengths:
1989 University of Wisconsin, Madison – M.A., Major: Mathematics
1984 University of Toronto – B.Sc., Major: Specialist Program in Mathematics (graduated with High Distinction)
2005 to Present Market Research and Intelligence Association
2008 to Present Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences
SAS | SQL | R | SPSS | Python | Mplus | LatentGOLD
Sawtooth Software for Conjoint, Max Diff and Clustering techniques
Java | Microsoft Office
to 2014 Toronto, Ontario
Wrote algorithms designed to better predict needs of customers for the end use of pharmaceutical companies. Designed and constructed environment for customer behaviour predictive analytics department. Led the data science team (2 direct reports).